Through a chance meeting full of coincidences, I met Krema Angelova and soon after she joined the TLD Loyalty Club.
Krema is from Bulgaria, and she makes handmade jewellery with gems and crystals. She and I met on a webinar run by Helen Walker about confidence. I had signed up to first and foremost support our superstar client Helen and second (without knowing it) because it was a way for the universe to bring me and Krema together and now we’re good friends on top of it all!
During this webinar, back in 2020, when we were making introductions, I heard that Krema was a Bulgarian business owner living in the UK and I am a UK citizen business owner who spends a lot of time in Bulgaria.
Sidenote: For those who are wondering “is Keren Bulgarian too?” I am not – but it is due to my family setting up a film studio there many years ago.
Krema makes jewellery out of crystals, by hand. And much of it is made to order. Because the crystals are in jewellery and therefore worn on you all day, you are more likely to experience the magic of crystals. Crystals are known to help with balance, focus, motivation, healing and confidence – because they are natural and work with the energy of our bodies. See this post we helped Krema with – Can gems really heal you?
Whether you believe in this or not, Krema expressed that she would like help with bringing her personality more into her marketing. After a separate chat, she signed up for our Loyalty Club, and we began working together on many projects, as is the nature of the TLD Loyalty Club.
Q+A with Krema
Below are some quickfire questions I asked Krema for this article – and her answers!
- What prompted this effort? – I was looking for marketing services and met you in a divine way and time, so I took it as a sign 😊 I know I made the right decision.
- What stands out in your memory about the experience? – friendly team, goal orientated, great ideas, very complex services, no need to explain, in fact, it was the other way around – you were doing the explaining for me. I generally think you were allowing me to use more thаn my Units were, as you never said No to anything I asked to be done and of course always gave me options and opinions on things… THANK YOU ❤
- What did you learn that was new to you? – how marketing works nowadays, how to think about certain things and therefore act accordingly.
- Which is your favourite post – Oh! That’s tough, they were all good, our insta was so well made and looked pro!
- What moment do you think stands out the most? – deffo Energiya print design and generally the photo edits and post templates
- What else do you want to promote? – I remember you gave me ideas back then to give tips on how to use the bracelet for reducing anxiety for instance… which I finally start doing… what to do, where to put it, and how to use it.
- What is your favourite part of the project? Energiya, Google, the Blog, the newsletters, also the networking – I met Olga and different people in person and online and they lead me to more and more!
Some of the projects we worked on:
Redesigning how her Instagram page would look with new templates and styles
Flyers and PDFs she would use in her marketing to explain what the crystals can do
Updates to her website (which is a Wix site) to fully show a catalogue of gems
Reworking all the images of her stones so they were clean and cut out on a white background and could be seen clearly on flyers, her website, and on Instagram.
Marketing direction and focus
Along with our “Stand Out Content” workshop which highlighted her key messages and created clarity around her client avatar, we encouraged her on her way to a natural habit of creating video content (we’d meet up and create our own videos as well).
Setting her up on Google Merchant service and Instagram shopping feature
This allows the ability for people could buy her jewellery through Google and Instagram as well as visiting her website.
Writing her headlines and copy in clearly set out blog articles, telling her story and the benefits of gems and crystals.
Writing LinkedIn posts where she could communicate her personality and ethos (as well as why she works with gems and crystals and how they help her clients).
Creating versions of her logo which she could use in overlaid social media images.
Creating and sending a series of newsletters she could send to her audience, related to events such as mother’s day and the technical issues she had with Instagram account.
With the help of Olga Kuzmina, we researched the wholesale market in the UK and asked shop owners what they were looking for when deciding what jewellery to stock.
Product naming and marketing
Helping with the naming and designing box inserts for her bespoke “Energiya” charm bracelets where the idea is to keep your stone close to you all day, every day, so the energy works to support you!
Design for print
As well as inserts to go into her packages when she sent boxes, we created a mini brochure for the Energiya bracelets.
All along we had so much fun and below is an Instagram video which gives a little bit of a view onto what she felt.
Krema already had a website, so the work we did mentioned above was not to do with creating a new one, but with her membership of the TLD Loyalty Club she was able to work long term with us, use all our team’s talents and our partner resources, and give her a breadth of services – marketing strategy, Canva templates, education, design, copy and technical fixes.
She’s since gone on to do even greater things, expanding her Bulgarian market and continuing to create content including live streams and flash sales, and selling more than ever. She is always full of ideas and is an inspiration to work with.
Plus I really believe she now has fun with marketing!
All the TLD girls have Energiya bracelets with gems chosen specifically for our own needs! She also offers a free consultation to anyone we recommend so please be sure to ask us for a special introduction.