So, you have a website, but you feel it needs a bit of freshening up? A bit of an update? But you don’t want to spend shed loads of money giving it a complete overhaul right now?
We here at Top left Design have complied a short list of a few tips and pointers that might help you put that little “pop” back into your website! It might be that you just need something really simple, like updating a few images, changing a link or a new logo! It’s all in the details!
A few simple things worth considering :
- Update your copyright date – this immediately makes the site look relevant and up-to-date
- Keep your blog update regularly – this is one of the easiest ways to make your website look fresh.
- If you don’t have a blog, consider adding one – a seamless integration which fits into your navigation works best – ask us if you need advice!
- Try not to use cheesy images, people will judge you on the cheese scale, 1 being non existent, 10 being downright cheesy! This is a bit of a hairy topic, as some people like cheese. So use your initiative! If in any doubt ask us – we’re pretty good at the cheesy vs non-cheesy game!
- Make sure your logo is professional. A bad logo can bring down the whole look of your website, so if you feel your logo is looking a little out dated it might be time for a freshen up!
- Consider maybe updating your copy to make you seem more approachable. People are far more likely going to want to read well written, interesting client focused copy aimed at THEM, than copy that is tedious and hard to read.
- Lastly, keep an eye out for the little details – people do pick up on small things out of place, and keeping an eye out for these things can make a world of difference!
Websites constantly need updating to keep up with constant changing times. This keeps your audience fresh and may inspire new customers to venture into looking at your website also. However the cost of this can be expensive if you want to create a whole new look for your website.
Luckily this is not necessary, more times than none your website can be given a fresh new look with just simple things such as changing some of your images or creating a little more detail and depth and detail.The tips given here are so simple and really effective. Keeping your blog up to date is definitely the easiest option and takes very little effort.
As much as many people love a little cheese, including myself, this is not a very good way of making your business look professional and could give the impression that your business and the way you deal with clients is not professional either. So changing your images to something sleek and modern could change the whole feel to your website and business.
I completely agree on the logo statement. This is the core of your business and should set the tone for every other design aspect in your business. So if this is not at its best, the rest of the company’s style will suffer. Finally the copy is another key factor in websites. This needs to contain all the information a customer needs to know yet still be interesting and friendly to read. Make them remember your company!