We asked each of our team: What is important on your website? And we each had to choose three things!
No disclaimers, No limitations. No chance to ask questions. What’s your first answer?
Then, we did something different and bold. We asked CHAT GPT. Here are all our off the cuff answers to the all-important question about the 3 most important things to have on your website.
Keren’s 3 important things
Wow, only three things? Ok, I’ll be strict! Logo (or company name), company contact information, and “we do what for who” statement. If we’re going to be choosing the top 3 things, I think we need to remember, people will visit your website at the very least to get this information. If we could add more, links to social media are a quick and handy addition as this allows you to tell more of your story with well-put-together profiles and such.
Amy’s three important things
Good SEO to make you easy to find. A representation or explanation of what makes you different or better than your competition. A visible ‘call to action’.
Tam’s three important things
A good website will be comprised of a variety of items that come together to create a clear online message and presence. Here are 3 important things that every website should have: 1. Well written content that includes a clear description of who you are / what your business is and does, with good call to action. 2. Lovely imagery, either photos or illustrations that catch the eye and draw people in, to give your website a punchy but relevant visual. 3. Easily accessible contact information on every page for anyone wanting to get in touch.
And what does our non-human say?
When it comes to website design, there are a few essential elements that every website should include in order to provide the best user experience possible. Here are three things that every website should have:
- Clear Navigation: Users should be able to easily find their way around your website. This means having a clear and consistent navigation menu that is easy to understand and use. Your menu should be prominently displayed and located at the top of your website, and it should include all of the main categories and pages of your site.
- Engaging and Relevant Content: Your website’s content should be engaging, informative, and relevant to your target audience. This means having well-written copy, high-quality images and videos, and other multimedia elements that help to convey your message and tell your story. Make sure that your content is easy to read and understand, and that it is optimized for search engines so that people can find it.
- A Call to Action: Every website should have a clear and compelling call to action that encourages users to take the desired action. This might be to buy a product, sign up for a newsletter, or fill out a contact form. Whatever your call to action is, make sure that it is prominently displayed and easy to find, and that it provides clear instructions on what users need to do to take action.
Overall, these three elements are essential to creating a website that is user-friendly, engaging, and effective. By focusing on these key areas, you can create a website that not only looks great, but also performs well and helps you achieve your goals.
For example, our SEO partner Tom has an SEO client called Hoxton Spirits London, whose website is a good example of some of these things in action, the same can be said for Willa Phoenix – Luxurious Handcrafted Sophisticated Shoes & Accessories.
Now, let’s review.
I know it’s counter intuitive asking 3 people and a robot to answer a “most important 3 things” question. But it’s clear that to create a successful website, you need careful attention to a variety of factors. You can’t expect to do it all in a week and get good results. We’re primed to help you:
- Decide on how to divide up your site with the best links
- Advise on how you can make your message clear and your content engaging
- Help you articulate your goals for the site, so you can include a compelling call to action
Focus on these, and you can create a website that looks great, performs well, and helps you achieve your business goals. Ask for our help or get in touch if you just want to sound out some ideas!