KEREN’S NOTE: Our lovely client Helen Walker from York Walker never ceases to amaze me.
Insight, advice, news and chit chat
Did you know we actually run social media for clients? Maybe you did, maybe you didn’t but you know now. I thought writing this article would be a useful way to explain what’s involved and why we do things in this particular way. Hope it’s useful, questions and comments are always welcome!
I love a success story – don’t you?
One such is the lovely Snowbizz – a family ski resort. Mum and daughter Wendy and Elodie came for 5 sessions with me – and as a result, completely transformed their marketing. Yay! I asked Wendy to write me a little bit about how the experience was for her, after our initial sessions. So most of this was written by Wendy – except for the questions! Below is Wendy’s wonderful Q+A interview:
I do a lot of 1-2-1 training for people on social media. They come in at all levels – complete beginners who don’t get what all the fuss is about but are feeling the pressure – to more frequent users who want to get real results out of their activity.
The number 8 is lucky for us at TLD (and for people all around the world, it seems), and anyone knows that when you write a blog post, the ones with a number in the headline are the most widely shared!
Plus, we really want to take the time to be incredibly self indulgent, for a bit, and just share the 8 ways we improve your presence online.
The 8 ways are:
- We give advice on how to to engage visitors, so they are encouraged to browse through the website and there are clear calls to action at every stage.
- We show options for the design and then have a “live design session” so you are involved in the process and you love your site’s design.
- We never build the site unless you have signed off the design
- Our designers work directly with our clients and keep them in the loop at all times.
- We integrate a WordPress blog into most sties, and train you on how to keep it up to date, and blogging best practices.
- We give clients 1-2-1 training on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Blogging and include 1.5 hours free for every project.
- We make sure we follow all the big SEO rules when we work on the websites and point clients in the right direction for ongoing link building options.
- We ensure each site is built to be easily read by search engines and mobile devices.
Our clients can explain more, and our portfolio shows more – but we really thought this deserved a special mention. And this picture of “Henry the Octopus” and the 8 ways is going to be displayed on the wall of our office as well.
Being in the business I am in, I find I often get into conversations about social media. There are still loads of business people who find the world of Social Media alien and overwhelming.
It seems strange to people who are so used to using social media (like us Twitter Addicts) that there are people out there who are not participating. But “not having time” is an excuse to not get involved – as anyone who is involved will understand!
I run a busy design agency and have a lot of tasks and responsibilities and “unexpected” situations that happen on a daily basis, and somehow I manage to DO social media every day! This means I am on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus, our blog and even a bit of YouTube. And I am going to be increasing this activity, because it’s worth it.