I was pleased and flattered to see Claire Harmer‘s recent article on LinkedIn. Yes she went through the trouble of writing an article about my talk!
I ran a workshop for the Institute of Translation and Interpreting in Milton Keynes.
As Clare noted, I covered a lot of ground in my presentation, discussing social media and content marketing, and sharing tips and tricks with attendees.
Some key points:
- Content marketing is about getting people to think about you in the way that you want them to, and it can be achieved through a variety of channels, such as your website, blog, video, email newsletter, social media, printed materials, events, in-person meetings, and researched materials like white papers and reports.
- Social media is a key component of any content marketing strategy, and it’s not just a broadcasting platform, but a two-way conversation. By participating in discussions with other industry peers, you can learn a lot from one another and establish yourself as a valuable contributor to the community.
- I recommended using a cropped photo of your face as your profile picture, as studies have shown that people prefer to see a face rather than a logo or cartoon avatar. I also suggested using bit.ly to shorten URLs and customising the random character ending to make the link more memorable.
- Effective headlines and content planning are essential to create content that stands out and resonates with your audience. With so many sources of information competing for attention, creating engaging content is crucial.
- By following some of the tips and tricks I shared in my talk, you can create a content marketing strategy that drives engagement, builds your brand, and ultimately helps you grow your business.
I want to thank Clare for attending my talk and for summarising it so effectively in her article. I hope that others find her summary helpful and informative.
Clare is passionate about public health, professional and smart. She’s the one to go to if you need a medical translator, editor or project manager who can translate French and Spanish into English.