Search engines are programmed to give people links to sites that most match their search words and phrases. While we don’t want you to “stuff your page” with keywords, we do think it’s good to be mindful of these when writing the copy for your site. Incorporate them where it’s natural and reads well. Create pages about one particular topic – your aim should be that for people looking for that topic, your page would be the perfect answer for them.
Insight, advice, news and chit chat
With Google announcing that around the 21st april, your site’s “mobile friendlliness” will affect your search results, a lot of people are worried. This is because to create your site again, to make it responsive or to make a mobile version, takes time and money, and that may not be something your business has budgeted for.
We get it. As a small business, unexpected costs are the WORST!
Anytime you have to upgrade your PCs, invest in new software, replace a team member, or pay some regulatory body, there are costs which don’t necessarily align with your business’s income and profit. Annoying!
The number 8 is lucky for us at TLD (and for people all around the world, it seems), and anyone knows that when you write a blog post, the ones with a number in the headline are the most widely shared!
Plus, we really want to take the time to be incredibly self indulgent, for a bit, and just share the 8 ways we improve your presence online.
The 8 ways are:
- We give advice on how to to engage visitors, so they are encouraged to browse through the website and there are clear calls to action at every stage.
- We show options for the design and then have a “live design session” so you are involved in the process and you love your site’s design.
- We never build the site unless you have signed off the design
- Our designers work directly with our clients and keep them in the loop at all times.
- We integrate a WordPress blog into most sties, and train you on how to keep it up to date, and blogging best practices.
- We give clients 1-2-1 training on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Blogging and include 1.5 hours free for every project.
- We make sure we follow all the big SEO rules when we work on the websites and point clients in the right direction for ongoing link building options.
- We ensure each site is built to be easily read by search engines and mobile devices.
Our clients can explain more, and our portfolio shows more – but we really thought this deserved a special mention. And this picture of “Henry the Octopus” and the 8 ways is going to be displayed on the wall of our office as well.
Many of the commments we get on our blog are sadly the work of folk who want “back links” to their sites – it’s a search engine trick.
While going through some of the latest, I thought I just HAD to share some of the odd and irrelevant comments we have gotten. I have divided this into 3 main topics so far!
First, a little bit of background about me – My name is Tom Andrews, and we offer internet marketing services. We provide SEO solutions for many companies, including Top Left Design. We work with our clients to make sure that their amazing websites are seen by as many people across the internet as possible!
Welcome to my first guest Internet Marketing blog!
In this post I will attempt to explain how to ensure that your PPC campaign is well optimised. I’m notorious for going into far too much detail so I will try to be as brief as possible!