We are looking for a new Front End Developer.
We have a small and dedicated team and we work to an extremely high quality. At the same time, we are commercial minded – being aware of budgets, timescales, and our clients needs and motivations. Anyone working at TLD is client facing, and healthy love towards our clients is encouraged! We are looking for someone to start in April 2015.
Freelancer? You could work 3-5 days from our office, help with maintenance and projects, and do your other client work in between.
We have our main office in Soho, London.
- Building responsive websites from PSDs provided to you by the design team
- Building WordPress sites from scratch
- Updating and upgrading sites, both front-end and WordPress sites
- Setting up clients on our hosting platform and assisting them with website and domain transfers
- Helping and supporting our hosting clients with general support
- Deploying websites
- Sharing expertise and knowledge of latest web trends with the team and clients
- Working on multiple projects concurrently, as required, demonstrating ability to handle many things at once.
- Handling changing priorities and other duties as assigned
- Working with new technologies and building fun projects that push the boundaries of web development
- Proven experience of developing and building websites using standards compliant HTML and CSS
- Demonstrable experience developing against accessibility and usability guidelines
- Highly organized, methodical, logical and a self-motivator with positive ‘can do’ attitude and good team spirit
- A great proactive and results driven attitude who works well under pressure to deliver quality code within strict deadlines
- Strong technical background and a proven ability to work with non-technical business staff alongside a willingness to learn new technologies
- Background and knowledge with hosting and domain transfers
- Good knowledge & experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience using LESS
- Very strong HTML5, CSS and jQuery knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of W3C standards
- Strong cross browser compatibility skills (IE 7 and up)
- Excellent knowledge of the WordPress codex and experience building WordPress themes
- Good Photoshop skills
- Good problem solving skills
- PHP knowledge beyond WordPress
- Experience working with ecommerce systems
- Experience working with API’s like Twitter, Facebook, Flickr
- Write a nice email to [firstname.lastname@example.org] with the subject line “Front End Developer – applying to work for the amazing Top Left Design”
- Include at least 3 examples of responsive HTML sites you have built yourself
- Send links to at least 3 examples of WordPress websites you have built from scratch
- Write your preferred salary range / rates