Just like a puppy is not just for Christmas, your marketing activity is not just a fly by night afterthought. This is the time to get those matchsticks out and use them to open your eyes wide to the scary facts. This is an all-important part of your business. Be brave, and read on.
Insight, advice, news and chit chat
It’s normal to be afraid. And at this time of year – Halloween – it’s encouraged! Why else would people deliberately smear their faces with blood, wear fangs and carry daggers and broomsticks around with them?
Or, like in the picture above, why else would I sit for four hours in make up to look like a Roy Lichtenstein painting – and give people a little bit of a scare?
But is fear holding you back? YES! Let’s look at the different types of fear in marketing. Hold my hand, let’s jump in together.
Scary marketing monsters? What are they?
We don’t mean to scare you. But you need to know.
Knowledge is power. The fact is that – YOU – can be your worst enemy – and really succumb to your own demons.
Ever since we put the owls vinyl mural on the walls of our new office, people have asked us – what’s with all the owls?
Sitting in my rather warm office here in South Africa I get a Skype call from Keren telling me that I need to come and visit asap. I get two options – Christmas Party or Halloween Party. I came for the Christmas Party last year, so Halloween it is!
It was a fantastic visit which I thoroughly enjoyed! Keren and the team arranged loads of fun things to do. These included team cocktails (I make magic mojitos), team bowling (which I didn’t win, but also didn’t do as badly as Michael!) and a fantastic Halloween Party where I got to mingle with some of our much loved clients – one of them being the lovely Jane Stanton, we just launched her new website. See it here: https://www.janestanton.com
I think my next visit will be in Summer… but for now I am going to make the most of my South African Summer. I will be back on the 5th and look forward to hearing many festive season adventures!
A Merry Christmas to all – and to all a good bye!
In our recent Halloween Newsletter, we ran a survey to gather some feedback on the service we are providing to our clients, and to find out what people would like us to concentrate our efforts on in the future.
The information we received was very informative – we greatly appreciate and would like to thank everyone who took the time to fill out the survey!
We pride ourselves on being a company that listens to it’s clients needs, and asking you questions about our services is the best way to find that out.
But it’s not all serious business here at Top Left Design – we also asked the question: What were you for Halloween?
Here is what you guys said:
1. Dancing badly
2. In kerwin rae’s course
3. The sweets holder!
4. In a bar.
5. The same wonderful me since I don’t “do” Halloween
6. In Lymington at a party
7. Inside and not answering the door!
8. Just me I am scary enough!
9. I will be going to see Steve Reich at the royal festival hall. I have a spare ticket too if you know anyone who’s interested!
10. A devil
11. Giving out sweets…
13. Very much out of place if I dress up, as our part of London doesn’t do Hallowe’en at all. But, being a bit of a goth, I’d probably be a witch of some sort.
14. Pirate of the Low Seas
15. The wicked witch of the west
16. At a party
17. A surprise
18. Too tired to be anything… if I had the energy – rather than a 17 day old son to feed every two hours – I’d love to be a princess. There – I have it. Sleeping Beauty!
19. Dinner at a friend’s
20. Black cat
21. I’m going to go as the apostrophe in Hallowe’en, just as soon as I work out what a suitably anally-retentive costume would be. And, yes, I realise that I’m a grammar and type fascist.
22. Pooped – all my spare time is going to redecorate my new house before my father moves in with us next weekend. If I did have time for such shennanigans I’d probably dust off my old glam rock costume, even though I made the shoulder pads/breast plate so big I can’t eat or drink in it because my hands can’t reach my mouth!
24. At the theatre
25. A designer 🙂
26. Not sure yet!!
27. Moving my M-in-L to her new house!!
28. A pumpkin.
32. With my nose? A witch obviously!
33. A witch…