We started doing 1-2-1 Twitter and LinkedIn training for our clients a couple of years ago as an added bonus and also to help them market their websites better. If used correctly social media can be very powerful in building a community of fans and followers who actually promote your website for you. We have clients who have almost completely run their businesses through social media. It's easy, quick and inexpensive.
But many people still do it wrong.
Here are some of the most common mistakes:
- Posting overly salesy messages
- Misunderstanding some of the unique lingo
- Not posting often enough
- Streaming the same messages on all the different platforms
- Not taking advantage of Wordpress blogs
- Not filling their profiles correctly
- Not interacting enough or with the right people
Keren has run many workshops, seminars and courses on the different aspects of social media.
When are the next workshops?
The next workshops are small group workshops on Social Media in March and April 2013 -
view more information about these here
And on the 25th of April 2013, there will be a big event run with co-speakers Tamsin Fox Davies and Alicia Cowan on Email Newsletters, Blogging and Social Media - more information will be posted here soon but if you want to enquire or be alerted specifically, just ask!
What people have said
I recently had social media training with Keren, and I must say that she is a true professional. Keren's positive and direct approach helped me to distil and identify the right message to convey on my LinkedIn profile. She was also available to offer other professional development advice. I will highly recommend Keren's to anyone wishing to improve or learn about social media.Taiwo Okwor
Keren was the speaker at our BIID social media seminar. She did an excellent job and we have had lots of great feedback from people who attended the seminar. It's always great when people email or call up after an event just to say how good it was, and this was one of those events!Louise Nornes
Keren is very easy to work with and she is versatile in her field. I would recommend Keren to anyone who wants to gain more knowledge of social media.
I have had the pleasure of attending a number of Keren's excellent Social Media Seminars. Not only do I leave feeling energised and raring to go with regards to my companies own social media strategy but I also learn something new every time. Her enthusiasm for the subject palpable and her knowledge is vast. I would recommend Keren's courses without hesitation, you will leave feeling empowered.Wil Watts
Keren has been fun to work with, has an enthusiastic personality and has educated us with regard to social media. I would thoroughly recommend her.Andy Jansons
I have recently had one-to-one "Social Media Training" with Keren, and I must say the result is just wonderful. She transformed me from a complete amateur to a pro just in 5 sessions! I have learnt about Twitter, Facebook Fan Page, LinkedIn and Blogging. The whole training was well structured, and Keren is very creative, reliable, professional and patient! I highly recommend her to anyone who would like to learn about social media.Yukari Wilson
Keren is a fantastic trainer!! She has taught me so much more about social media. I would recommend her to everyone and there is always something to learn.Reshma Sunnassee
Keren's Social Media training day was informative and stimulating, teaching us with knowledge and style to navigate these important tools effectively!Shirley Crowther
You can book 1-2-1 or group training on any of the following topics at £100 per hour:
- Your Social Media Strategy - this would be an hour where once you have the technical skills and have been practicing, we could finalise how the social media principles are taken through your business, and develop the overall strategy aligned with your business goals - which would be written as a document (a single A4 would be best) so your key messages and branding would resonate throughout. We would also give tips on tools to see what people are saying, where to find content inspiration, how to automate certain aspects, and run campaigns on all the different platforms.
You could also do a package of all 5 sessions, at 2 hours each, for £850 - invoiced upfront and scheduled in regular increments in our diaries - with "homework" and goals in between - but it's fun homework don't worry!
The information we cover with social media training
- What Social Media is and what it isn't
- Why your business needs a social media strategy
- An overview of Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook for business.
- Whether, why and how you should be blogging
- How to use Social Media to bring you business
- How to build your social media following
- Which networks you should really be using
- Do's and Don'ts of Social Media
- Which social media tools are right for your business?
- Where design is important with Social Media
Get in touch if you would like to book a 1-2-1 or group session, or if you would like to be put on our mailing list for future seminars!