Don’t head for extinction, come to Brighton instead – how we brought #dontignoreit to Brighton
Posted by Keren Lerner
On the 18th of May, Alicia Cowan and I went to Brighton to run our now famous “Social Media – can you afford to ignore it?” workshop – which we have now run over 6 times (with the Twitter hashtag #dontignoreit). The reason we went to Brighton is because we had 2 girls from our December seminar -Emma and Esme from My Special PA – come up to us as and ask us if we would like to consider taking the course to Brighton. They had found our workshop so enlightening they could see it being of huge value to the Brighton business community.
In the weeks running up to our big event, Emma and Esme worked tirelessly spreading the word. In the end we had 40 attendees – and on the workshop day we found the audience to be energetic and interesting – asking lots of questions! The best thing is reading all the wonderful tweets and feedback from the day.
We have since got together to plan our next Brighton based seminar for November – we will of course be keeping all you lovely readers posted! In the meantime, enjoy some pictures below from the day!
This entry was posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2012 at 5:57 pm and is filed under Events. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
About the Author
Keren is the owner of Top Left Design and runs it with passion and drive. She likes writing blogs and encourages clients to actively post blogs on their websites, as there are a multitude of benefits in doing so!
to Top Left Design Blog Updates
Latest from Twitter
- Live tweeting at an event – how to prepare, 9 tips, and 4 reasons
- Client Love Post: “I wish all relationships were this easy” – Well Cate, you make it easy! An interview with Cate from Bene Media
- My @JedLomax Interview – “How Twitter helped me with sales of my first novel – Designer Devil”
- At last! A screencast for how to change the “vanity URL” on your LinkedIn profile
- Youth Marketing Strategy Event – 2013 – some highlights from my day of live tweeting