10 things my brother (Twitter “noob”) learned about Twitter in his first week!
Posted by Keren Lerner
My brother has written a list of 10 things he has learned about Twitter and I thought it would be useful to share.
- There is too much information out there and Im guilty of perpetuating this just as much as the next twit.
- People genuinely appreciate connection.
- It doesn’t take long to make someone your friend on twitter.
- It doesn’t take long to loose a friend on Twitter
- Twitter is much much more than a tool to advertise your wares
- The tweet with the smile wins
- Twittering can take all of your time – if you let it. Keep a healthy distance.
- Less is more – Tweet with clarity and intent. People will thank you for it.
- You can never tell a persons facial expression from the font. Sarcasm is completely and utterly missed in text.
- Every good list has ten things on it – if you only have nine – just say anything.
This entry was posted on Monday, July 18th, 2011 at 9:35 pm and is filed under Social Media. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
About the Author
Keren is the owner of Top Left Design and runs it with passion and drive. She likes writing blogs and encourages clients to actively post blogs on their websites, as there are a multitude of benefits in doing so!
to Top Left Design Blog Updates
Latest from Twitter
- Live tweeting at an event – how to prepare, 9 tips, and 4 reasons
- Client Love Post: “I wish all relationships were this easy” – Well Cate, you make it easy! An interview with Cate from Bene Media
- My @JedLomax Interview – “How Twitter helped me with sales of my first novel – Designer Devil”
- At last! A screencast for how to change the “vanity URL” on your LinkedIn profile
- Youth Marketing Strategy Event – 2013 – some highlights from my day of live tweeting