Today we uploaded our new header to our Improve Your Presence Online Blog.
As you can see it’s based on a doodle design. It sparked off a conversation at our staff meeting. I said doodle but I was eating corn on the cob at the time. So, Anine thought I said “noodle”. I said “doodle” and she said “noodle?” and I said “doodle”. Then Amy said – “doodle”!
Then we talked about how people doodle when they want to be doing something else.
Then Amy reminisced how at school they would stick noodles onto paper for collage art.
It was a “noodle doodle”.
Anine then pointed out the “nowadays you can Google a noodle doodle!”
In any case – we would love your opinion on the doodle theme – should we create oodles of doodles?
Here at Top Left Design, we are active networking people! Its the most fun way to grow your business and you know what they say – “people buy people!”
Keren is a member of:
BNI Mayfair – www.bnimayfair.co.uk
NRG Marble Arch – nrg-networks.co.uk
Ecademy – www.ecademy.com/user/keren
Here are my thoughts on the Ups and DOWNs of networking:
I like to start on a positive note, so I will do the “Ups” first.
- TURN UP – BNI and Networking is a long term thing. Its simple. If you keep showing up you will be remembered and will remind people of your existence. Over time, you will develop a long lasting business relationships.
- SPEAK UP – with your 60 second commercial is an opportunity to clearly state who you are, what you do, how you add value and of course, what type of referral you are looking for
- SHUT UP – BNI is about Giver’s Gain, so you need to listen to what other people are saying to find out how YOU can help THEM get more business referrals.
- FOLLOW UP – at a networking events are not about doing business but making new contacts, but if you don’t follow up, those people will forget about you, you will be just another business card in their drawer. Always always follow up on anyone you meet. Write down on the back of their business cards something spoke to them about – and then email or call them and put them in touch with that person you said you would or invite them to another networking event.
- MEET UP – having 1-2-1 meetings is one of the most effective ways to build up your referral based business, if you focus on how to help eachother get more business and ask the right questions you can get a much better understanding of what people do, and how you can help them.
Now that I have told you about the UPS – its time for the downs. It’s not like me to be negative but I still need to tell you about these 3 last points:
- WRITE DOWN what referrals people have asked for in their intro talks
- HONE DOWN your own speech, the more clear and specific you are the better results you will get
- And finally GET DOWN and Relax! After all the hard work networking and helping other people, you will find you have much more success in your business and the work will come pouring in, and you need stop sometimes and enjoy the fruits of your labour!
Hope this has been useful for you! Dont be shy if you want to comment or send us a message:
Google have now released a browser with faster yet simpler browsing. They say that it’s a new age browser derived from a combination of other browsers but only using the useful stuff to handle modern day websites. Features include multithreaded tabs and a built in search engine making tasks easier and quicker.
Just found this great website for sharing video files – one of the videos is below – enjoy!